Hiring writers for your blog can be a daunting task. There are so many writers online, and it can often come down to finding the right person for your company’s needs. While there are no one-size-fits-all solutions, we have compiled some tips you should consider while hiring blog post writers.
To hire writers for your blog:
- Determine the style and tone of your blog
- Develop a guide for your posts
- Consider looking to freelance sites for writers
- Hire a content provider if you’re looking for consistency among your blog posts.
Hiring writers for a blog can be challenging, but if done correctly–your new hire could bring in even more traffic than ever before. This article will explore the process of hiring blog post writers and the advantages and disadvantages each path may have.
Determine the Style and Tone of Your Blog
To get started: determine the style and tone of your posts so their voice will fit within your company’s brand guidelines. This includes everything from:
- Points of view
- Brand voice
If you’ve begun writing your blog, you should have a good idea of the style and tone you want to use. If not, there are a few ways hiring blog post writers can help establish your blogging voice:
- Hire an existing blogger within your industry – ask them if they will contribute occasionally or consider giving this person a guest authoring position
- Hire someone with writing experience who knows your topic. This could be either a content provider or a journalist.
Though there are more options available to you, these may allow you to bridge the gap between your current situation and finding a freelance blogger or agency to take over recurring posts for your blog.
Develop a Guide for Your Posts
As far as hiring new writers, you must have all the tools necessary before interviewing candidates–including:
- Examples of what constitutes quality posts.
- How soon these posts should be delivered.
- You might also want to include salary requirements and a minimum number of posts per month.
Developing a guide for your writers to follow is essential. This will help you maintain a consistent voice throughout your blog and set expectations for the work they’ll be doing.
Your guide should include:
- Topics that need to be covered
- What’s expected of writers (frequency, length of posts),
- Title requirements,
- Screenshots or examples showing how links can be placed in articles, etc.
- Make sure to create an editorial calendar too! This is very important because it shows that you’re organized and know where to go with your content marketing strategy.
When you have new blog post writers, it’s essential to give them the tools to do their job effectively. This includes having a clear outline of what needs to be done and examples of successful past posts so that they can use these as references.
Consider Looking to Freelance Sites for Writers
Consider looking at freelance sites such as Upwork or Fiverr, where instantly available thousands of potential candidates. These sites can help find new freelancers who can work on a project-by-project basis.
It’s essential to keep in mind that many of these writers are not native English speakers, so you’ll need to be willing and able to edit their content before posting it if necessary.
The advantages of working with freelance sites include:
- You can find writers who are available instantly.
- You’ll also be able to choose from thousands of writers.
- You’ll be able to outsource the work and spend your time doing other things
- The possibility of lower-quality content.
- The need for editors.
- You could have trouble finding someone reliable enough to consistently write blog posts on topics assigned ahead of time.
Freelancers can vary in price and quality, so be sure to compare them before making a decision. Be sure to vet all your candidates thoroughly and ask for samples of their work before hiring them.
Freelancers online job boards exist like Upwork, Guru, and Freelancer . Signing up for these sites is simple, and you’ll be able to search through hundreds of writers to find one that best suits your needs. Some platforms even allow you to post your job and let interested writers apply to work for you. But keep in mind, you will have to take the time to coach and edit them.
Hire an Agency If You’re Looking for Consistency
An agency or content provider will give you a range of writers, all with strong skills and ideas. This way, there is no concern over having multiple voices on one site or brand. You get access to different perspectives while still maintaining some continuity throughout the content.
Hire someone from a blog post writing service or agency if you’re looking for consistency among your blog posts. Keep in mind that the cost of hiring an outside writer may come at a higher price but they’re more turnkey and professionally written.
In addition to this drawback, outsourced writers will have no insight into any company jargon or key phrases employees used within their day-to-day tasks. You’ll still need to give some instruction. But they are usually very strong researchers.
These expenses can be worth it because having consistent articles published on your site is invaluable. Agencies can be much more reliable than independent freelancers and have teams to edit the articles produced before they’re sent to you!
Hiring blog post writers is vital for business owners looking to have consistent content on their sites. Freelance sites and agencies can give you the freedom to focus your time elsewhere, and with the right focus, you can still have high-quality posts for your blog delivered on time.
Looking for new writers for your blog seems like a challenging task at first glance, but there are numerous ways it can be simplified as long as you know what exactly you’re looking for from potential candidates.